Saturday, June 26, 2010

Am I 18 again?

A few months ago I decided that my dream job was to be a children's photographer. I love kids and I love taking pictures of kids! So why not smoosh the 2 together and do something fun.

I was working full time as a nanny and I knew that in order to pursue this dream job I would have to change that so I decided that I would drop to 3 days a week and somehow find a job taking pictures! Sounds perfect! The problem is that noone will hire me until I have a portfolio. I lucked into a position with an up and coming children's photgrapher and I am hoping that will give me the skills necessary to find a job in September when portrait studios begin hiring holiday help...fingers crossed!

So now the problem is that I am only working Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and that's just not cutting it. I am having to resort to applying at all the places I applied to when I was 17 and 18 years old. I feel so blah about it. I'm trying to keep my hopes up because it's only temporary but I can't stand the thought of working at the mall.

On the bright side, my husband loves that I am home 2 nights a week and have dinner on the table to him for a change!!

One day I will get to where I am going. I guess I just have to keep my head up and keep working towards the end result which is holding a camera like the one below!! One day!!


No comments: