Im trying to get caught up on the challenge so I might post a few of these today and tomorrow, hopefully!
Day 4: My Parents
I wish I had pictures on my computer but they would have to be scanned in and I am at work for the week so that is not possible. Instead I will tell you a little about them.
My Dad! He was in the Navy and loved it. He loved to fly. He loved thunderstorms and would sit outside in the garage for hours watching them. He liked to cook. His food was amazing. He didn't even follow a recipe for any of it. To me, he was a great dad. He would wake me up in high school by coming in and pulling on my big toe!! He used to tell me if I wasn't up by 7 on the weekends that I was wasting the day away! My dad passed away 7 years ago and I still miss him terribly but I try and remember all of the good things that used to make him happy! He was a good dad!
My Mom! She is a good mom when I was really little and she's a good mom now. Growing up though, she wasn't around. My parents got divorced when I was 12 and my dad got custody of me and my sisters. My mom kind of disappeared. It was hard to grow up without her, but around the time my dad passed away she was back in our lives and our relationship has grown stronger ever since. She's there to talk when I need to talk and she was at my wedding. She lives in Florida so I don't see her very often but the fact that she is here and available to talk is really all that matters!
Day 5: Siblings
I have 3 sisters! Rachel is 25, Shauna is 23, and Brianne is 10! Brianne is our sister from our dad's 2nd marriage that also ended in divorce. I am very close to Rachel and Shauna. We usually talk/email everyday. They both have beautiful daughters. Rachel has a 4 year old named Taia who is sassy and a priss-pot just like her momma! Shauna has a 6 year old named Caileigh who is spunky and mischievous just like her!
I don't see Brianne as often as I would like but she is in my thoughts and prayers every day. Her mother keeps her away from me and from Rachel too. Shauna gets to see her though so that's good. My dad never got to know her though and that makes me sad.
15 Interesting Facts (hopefully I have that many!)
1) I was born in the Philippines but I am a US citizen! My dad was in the Navy.
2) I don't have cable in my house (gasp). We watch TV via our Apple iTv or the Internet!
3) I have not finished college yet but I hope to one day, hopefully.
4) I have really, really bad road rage! I'm trying to work on it but it's really hard when I'm in traffic an hour to and from work 3 days a week.
5) I really like coffee but I need lots of cream...and sugar.
6) I really want to have babies but sometimes worry that I might not be able to.
7) I hate when my husband is away from the house at night. I'm not really scared, just a little more nervous.
8) I (we) spoil our dogs like children.
9) I am finally learning how to cook really good and comforting meals.
10) I look up to my younger sister's far more than they could ever know.
11) Sometimes I wish I could redo our wedding.
12) I am an avid reader but prefer to read chick lit over stuff that would make me think!
13) I want to travel every where but am terrified to get on a plane.
14) I really want to go to Napa but I am not a big wine drinker.
15) I tend to have a really good cry once every couple of months.
Day 2: Meaning Behind Your Blog Name
Life's Little Adventure's just came to me because we had just moved into our house and were trying to make it a home. Now it's just the day to day stuff that's an adventure!
Day 3: Your First Love
Ha! Pretty sure my first love was when I was about 5! His name was Timmy and he lived down the street! But then again it might have been Dustin when I was about 8. He taught me how to climb a tree and all about baseball! Young love!
My real first love was and is the man I married; Cameron! He's my best friend and he has always been there for me and I know that he always will be!
So that's all I will do for now. Days 3-6 will come another time! I know you're excited!