Monday, January 3, 2011

What we've been up to!

I don't know how time gets away from me but it sure does! This post is somewhat picture heavy so be prepared!!
Christmas time is a busy time in the Smith household. We juggle 4 Christmas celebrations the week of Christmas. This year was a bit different because Christmas with my family got cancelled due to the snow and the flu! Oh well, there's always next year!
Christmas Eve is huge in my hubby's family. My mother-in-law cooks the same meal every year; Winder Chicken Stew; and it is delicious!

Me and my sweet hubby on Christmas Eve!

My MIL and FIL and Lucy!



My hubby's grandparents!

Andrew (Cameron's twin) and Molly!


This year my MIL started a new tradition where she strung ornaments over the dining room table and we each got three but not just any three! We got three that best suited us! I like the idea! It's a great way to build our ornament collection!


Christmas day! We were supposed to spend it with my mom, sister and niece! But oh the snow! Well, that, and the fact that my poor mom caught the flu from my niece! So Cameron and I stayed bundled up inside all day!




The dogs love the snow! Here's Puppy racing down the hill in the backyard!

And here's Belle with snow on her nose! I love it!



New Year's Eve! We don't ever go out. So I planned a date for us at home! I picked up steak and asparagus and fresh bread! Oh, and a few bottles of champagne!
Sorry it's a bit blurry but it was hard to get a good picture of us!


Here's the table all set! We ate by candlelight! Reminded me of the night Cameron proposed!
We didn't make it till midnight but in our defense, we both had to work that day! Oh well, it was perfect for us!
So that's what we've been up to the past few weeks! Nothing super exciting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a lovely christmas! I'm so jealous of the christmas snow. I love your MIL's ornaments hung up. great idea.

and your new years eve sounds just perfect!! an intimate dinner by candlelight really cannot be beat.

thanks for your kind comment!!